9/05/2012

Diets, Diets, Diets


Like many of you I hate that word Diet.  For many it represents failed attempts at trying to lose weight, frustration and unhappiness. What does it even mean when someone say: Sorry I can't eat that I am on a diet...
My feelings for the word diet are mutual, which is why I do not consider myself dieting.  I look to think that I  am making healthy changes to better myself. I mean don't get me wrong I want and am trying to lose weight but will refuse to put myself on a diet much more a fad diet. However, I am always looking for ways to improve what I am already doing. I am in constant change when it comes to my eating habits. I am always searching for something new and trying it out to see how it fits my lifestyle. I recently came across the Abs Diet book. It is a meal plan which contains a list of a basic 12 "power"foods which the author, David Zinczenko calls super food. The list consists of foods that I already try to eat, SO why not give it a shot?
 (Here is a list of the 12 power foods, note you eat more than these foods)
  1. Almonds and other nuts
  2. Beans and legumes
  3. Spinach and green veggies
  4. Low fat or fat free dairy
  5. Instant Oatmeal (note that slow cooking oatmeal would be a better option here)
  6. Turkey/other lean meats
  7. Peanut butter
  8. Olive oil
  9. Eggs
  10. Whole Grain Cereal
  11. Whey Protein Powder
  12. Raspberries and other Berries
 These food are already part of my regular meal plan if anything this will give me a regimen on how to eat them and when. I purchase the book on my kindle for $10 and intend on reading it tonight. I will have a detailed plan on this later. According to this book in 6 weeks I will began to see changes that will last me a life time.

For now the only thing I do not like is the name the Abs DIET, however, I am willing to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment