6/17/2011

My very first blog

First of all I have to say that I have been wanting to do this for a long time. After some changes I decided why should I keep waiting to start this blog and I decided the time is NOW. Therefore, this is my first blog. A little background about myself:

  • I am 20 years old.
  • I am a full time student. 
  • I am trying to find a good balance in my life. 
  • I want to be fit happy and healthy. 
My senior year in high school I became involved in a very serious relationship and I guess I was in the honeymoon stage and I gained a lot of weight. But I have always  been into health and I was not happy with the weight I was. My freshman year in high school I began losing weight and went down to 145 pounds but I did not do it very healthy. When I was a second year in college I had gained the weight back and finally by spring of my second year I was ready for change. I was tired of the Yo-yo dieting and starving myself and I knew many of those fixes were only temporary. I also have always wanted to be involved in a fitness competition so at this point in my life everything came together and I changed the way I ate and got very serious about working out.  I have to say I was successful to a point because I was eating very health and I went down to 138 pounds and was actively working on my fitness goals.  However, around this time I also applied to study abroad and I knew it would be hard to keep up with meal plans and workouts. Plus, the cost of both  (working out and eating healthy) can take a toll on a student budget, especially a student who is studying abroad and does not have the possibility to work. 
Fast forward 6 months to today, and I find that I have gained some of the weight that I lost plus I have not been on the healthiest diet or exercising as much as I should. So, it is time to make a change and that time is NOW . I want to get back to being focused on my personal goals, I want to take control if my life and my health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment